Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Yellow Walking Iris , Apostle Plant , Neomarica longifolia in Bloom!





Over the weekend we had our Master Gardeners Sale at the U of F ext. office. This is hands down the best show of the year. The only thing is you have to be 1hr early and wait if you want to get anything. They open the gates and it is a mad dash to the back were they keep the plants. The prices are unbelievably cheap. I will be posting some of many finds this week. This is the first. It is a Neomarica longifolia , Yellow Walking Iris or Apostle plant are some of the common names I have heard. This guy was $3. Here are a few pictures from today when I came home an 1 of the blooms was open.

4 comments:

  1. thanks for stopping by Double Danger, hope you check in from time to time. Beautiful place you live in. Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures Mike. I love to see all the plants I never see around here in zone 8. I wish I had your skill in locating the good stuff at bargain prices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These grow like weeds don't they! They're all over my yard now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello...
    i have one picture this longifolia,i hope it same like your picture,because this one grow in sumatra.

    ReplyDelete