Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Garden Orchid , Spathoglottis unguiculata "grapette"






Spathoglottis unguiculata "grapette" - Ground Orchid. It is also known as The Garden Orchid. With another stop by the nursery we found a 3 gal pot of these ground orchids. The fragrance is a very strong and smells like grape koolaid. The foliage is palm like and produces successive flowering over time. I have heard that the can bloom year round. We now have 3 different colors of these ground orchids in bloom. Here are the pictures of the latest ground orchid addition.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. And if it smells like grape koolaid, sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you can get 15 little plants from this one orchid! Score! Good luck if you will be trying to divide the roots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to buy all three difference colors of this ground orchid .Please let me know where I can purchase them. Also I looking for spathoglottis, gracilis plicata " Penang Beauty" Thanks
    my email: timleo2000gmail.com

    ReplyDelete