Thursday, April 24, 2008
I purchased 2 of these Phalaenopsis Naples nights x (Petite rose x Glad melinda) which also have mottled leaves, along with a Dendrobium Cathey Beck, and a Encyclia Atronecium 'Mother's Day' x Enc. cordigera 'Chocolate Violets for an orchid growing project on orchidgeeks . The best part about the project so far is I have the first spike growing. Here is my first project for the growing project. I took a coconut and with a machette I split it in half leaving 1 side still attached. Then I took orchid moss and let it soak in some worm tea water. I drilled a couple holes so I could tie the phals down in the coconut shell. Then I placed each 1 in each side being careful to pack plenty of moss in between the roots. These are the pictures of my project.
Posted by brandank at 10:44 PM