Thursday, February 21, 2008
The 3 gallon pot of Livistona chinensis, Chinese Fan Palms that I purchased this weekend for $15.00 finally got separated. This was a project trying to separate the root ball without damaging any of the roots. I think I did a pretty good job not breaking any of the big healthy roots. When I pulled these out it seemed to be a total root ball with barely any dirt in the pot. I could not image planting this many of these palms in a small clump like they were in that pot. When it was all said and done my $15.00 bought me 13 of these palms. I planted 5 in the yard. And then repotted the rest. 2, 3-gallon - 2 bangers, 3, 3-gallon singles, and 1 baby 1-gallon.