Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Update on the Joey Palm , Johannesteijsmannia altifrons or Tersmannia altifrons

I have an update on my Joey on a Stick Palm! These Johannesteijsmannia altifrons or Tersmannia altifrons seeds arrived back on 2/7/08 from Thailand. On 5/21/08 I had the first spike appear and on 8/2/08 it has just broken the 12" mark. Here are the pictures.


Seeds on 2/7/08

First Spike appeared on 5/21/08

First leave just broke 12"

This 1 is not mine, but this is a what I am striving for!
Thanks For Stopping By.




5 comments:

  1. I have to admit that I am fascinated with these developing palm tree photos. I guess it's because it seems like such a foreign thing to me that a palm tree is something you can grow from a seed right in your own back yard. Very cool...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dropping by to let you know that I mentioned your blog today on my blog, though it's hard to explain what the "mention" involves. The relevant post is this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has an interesting leaf! I might have to ad one of these to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous palm. never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quero sementes de johannesteijsmannia

    ReplyDelete