Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Spathoglottis unguiculata "grapette" - Ground Orchids




I have manage to get a few of the these Spathoglottis unguiculata "grapette" - Ground Orchids. Picking 1 up here and there, but at store the other day I found four 3 gallon pots of the Grapettes, and they were the cheapest pots yet at $15 each. So the other day I finally put them in their new home. Planted underneath my jasmine bush I have planted all of the Grapettes to form a very nice size patch. I have been working on the perimeter and these are the first set of pictures with more to come. Here are the pictures of the Spathoglottis unguiculata "grapette" - Ground Orchids in their new home!

2 comments:

  1. I just bought a quart-sized pot of these at Lowe's in Bradenton, FL, during my visit there last week for $6.95, and brought it home to Ohio. I'll be keeping it potted, since they won't survive our winters and I'll have to bring them in.

    Anything special I should know about them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just bought one at Lowes in Tyler, Texas for $3.50 50% off since it was the last one with no name or barcode. I have other ground orchids so recognized the foliage. Ours here in East Texas freeze and come back from the roots.

    ReplyDelete