Friday, August 29, 2008

The Secret Palm Tree Garden! Part 1 Copernicia's

Today I am starting the Secret Palm Tree Garden post. This will be a series of posts because of the number of pictures that I have of this truly incredible secret garden. This garden is almost 50years old. And it is full of very Mature Palm Trees. So many palms and tropical plants. It is just an amazing place but I will let the pictures tell the story. The first post will be on the palm genus Copernicia. There were 4 species growing here.
Copernicia
Copernicia macroglossa , Petty Coat Palm


Copernicia alba , Caranday Palm Tree


Copernicia baileyana , Bailey Palm Tree

Copernicia hospita , Cuban Wax Palm

1 comment:

  1. I think I'd love to visit a Palm Garden.

    Many of us in Dorset (England) grow Cordyline Palms. It's a kind of bravado - to show we can - (they don't grow well in this country away from the south coast).

    But I don't think Cordylines are even real palms - they just look as if they are.

    The ones you have in your photos here are both 'real' and lovely.

    Lucy Corrander
    PICTURES JUST PICTURES

    ReplyDelete