Thursday, May 29, 2008

Volunteering at Heathcote Botanical Garden, Day 4






This week seems to be the hardest work we have encountered yet. Aaron and myself are still working on the backside of the "Palm Walk". We arrived at 10 a.m. and did not leave until 3:30p.m. I don't know if I work this hard in my own yard, but the hard work will be worth every drip of sweat shed. So this week they asked us to remove a few trees, some invasive vines, and plants. Along with trimming back branches off of the Seagrape Tree. I have some before and after pictures of todays work. The last pic is standing back looking straight on at the area we have been working on and the path to the back entrance to the "Palm Walk". Next week we might finally make are way inside the walk and start cleaning along the paths. Then we will be getting into some pretty interesting palms and cycads.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Thanks for your nice comments on my blog. It's nice to know that someone is reading. I thought that I'd pop over to your blog to see what type of gardening you do....it's quite different than mine. So interesting. I will look further, when I have more time. Great fish pictures...I am a panfisherwoman...blue gills, crappies etc. They taste so good.
    Thanks again,
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete