Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Starting a Batch of Dypsis Seeds



A few days ago I received some new seeds in the mail. They have been soaking in warm water for 3 days. I have 20 Dypsis lastelliana seeds or Redneck Palm and 30 Dypsis hovomanstina seeds. I started the 20 redneck palm seeds in a snap-tite container along with 20 of the Dypsis hovomanstina seeds in another snap-tite container. These were placed in a 50%perlite and 50% peat moss mix. Then I placed 10 of the Dypsis hovomanstina seeds in a ziplock bag with a seed starting mix. They have been placed in the seed room and as soon as a sprout pops I will update.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great site. I have a few teddybear palms ie.redneck palms in my yard and they're hughe. I have in the past just stuck the seeds in dirt and watered. They seem very hardy but I did lose one in one of our wind storms here in Ft. Lauderdale. The entire top blew off. Sad. Keep up the great work. Enjoy the pics.

    ReplyDelete