Friday, September 5, 2008

The Casualties Are Adding Up!




As I walk through the yard the casualties keep adding up. Today I lost the last leaf off of my Ponderosa lemon tree, and the only 2 lemons finally shriveled up and fell off. Next the new Princess Flower bush I just planted a few weeks ago only has 2 little sections of green left. As well as the Florida Coontie cycads, they are dying as well. Tropical Storm Fay has reaped havoc on my yard, as I sit and type this we are receiveing strong gusts of wind and rain from Hurricane Hanna, and all the buzz right now around town is were is Ike going to come a shore. Ike is a monster! as the weekend approaches the forecasts will be better and we will know if we will have to prepare for the storm. Here are a few of my casualties from TS Fay.

2 comments:

  1. the coontie may come back from the root. don't write them off just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stinks. Obviously the excess water can be as damaging as the wind!

    ReplyDelete